Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Leaking Hour Hand

The poem below is written from a child's point of view. A child crying for his tomorrow.


I mop the hope of tomorrows from my eyes
Slowly vanishing into the broken arms of tonight
As I try to satisfy the hunger of my thoughts with why(s)
What tomorrow do we promise the unborn?
You are so blinded to raise trees till you forget to raise us kids
My parents teach me to dread my neighbors as a substitute of loving them
Orders of the day have become follow tattoos and overlook taboos
As you leave footsteps at doors instead of leaving them on our hearts
Love has become of nothing but a game of trophies
Losing a phone is a catastrophe while losing virginity is just an incidence
Our friends have more faith in us than our own families
You walk down the aisle for the profits of divorce instead of love
I see you every Sunday morning nursing hangovers instead of fellowship
Then later set your hopes in gold and when it fails you blame God
Please whisper in my sleep to me who are my role models
You tell me to make me wishes instead of make prayers
You spend every night enjoying the humorous Hollywood stars
But never for once have I seen you enjoy the glamor of sky and its stars
All you teach me is make money from the poor and leave ‘em in bare bellies
Racism is no longer a subject of skin pigment but class
You say you are happy and living the life at its best
While all I see are zombies playing humans; a party of dead ghosts
I look to the sky and it rains down on my velvet suit
The drops of rain tinted in red with tears of the unborn terrified to be born
This is the era where Government rights come first and citizens’ come last
In bookshops bibles cost more than story books
Where emotions pollute environment more than automobiles
They pledge us freedom then inject into us micro-chips to control us
You feed me on genetically modified meals then call me fat
Why do you say you are fighting for peace, when fighting itself is a war?
Why are you looking to the sky for aliens instead of help?
We are all nothing but a leaking hour hand
And before midnight we’ll all be hymns of ghosts
Yes I hear you all say You Only Live Once
But at least leave crumbles for me and the unborn child.
© G!ovanni


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates