Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Wake Up Call

So today I was woken up in the morning by my alarm tone at 6am like any other days except for the first time it felt different. I have never taken into account the song that I set as my alarm tone except for the fact that it has to be catchy or sung by my favorite musician. So the other night after updating my playlist and somehow lost some of the songs that I had, I was forced to chose a new alarm tone. I was freakishly sleepy so I could not scroll through the whole list listening to each song at that time so the furthest I could go was to letter D and I ended up on Dido songs, after listening to a couple of them I decided to select Life For Rent. When it got to 6am in the morning the song started playing and I found myself humming to it even before I opened my eyes. My point is this, it hit me today that when I did put just other catchy songs as my alarm tone, when the alarm went on it was so easy for me to hit the snooze button but to this song which happens to be one of my ever best songs when it started playing, I found myself not even struggling to wake up.

A 2011 Canadian study found that listening to your favorite music is one of the fastest ways to get rid of a bad mood and I am beginning to think that to avoid those crampy mornings, one should be careful on the songs that he/she select as a wake up tone. We all agree that when we are moody 98% of the time we resort to our favorite music to elate us. So basically listening to your favorite music as the first thing before you open your eyes it's like having your favorite breakfast in bed. Stop having those alarm tones that scare you out of bed. A day should begin in a good tone.

Another thing, have you ever realized that how you wake up in the morning most of the times determines how the rest of your day will be? Well when you wake up feeling exhausted your day pretty much will be a not-much-a-do-day...if you wake up full of energy then you have set your day in a good motion. Part of what we never realize is that most of the times we start our day postponing waking up in 5 minutes or even more when we hit that snooze button...I was reading Allison Mack's blog (most recognize her Chloe Sullivan from CW TV Series Smallville) and she explained the hitting the snooze button as, "Avoiding everything uncomfortable and pushing beginnings to the last second. I don’t think I want to have my days filled with the phrase “five more minutes”. No thank you. More like “right now”. I know they say patience is a virtue. But we don’t have many hours in our life. I would rather be awake than asleep." I suggest if you want to have five-minutes-more moment, try getting to bed five minutes earlier. Your life is a monotonous tone and and what you wake up practicing in the morning somehow in one way or another it will grow itself into your day. Final words...practice good waking up habits but first start with your alarm tone.

Below is the video to my favorite song ever done by the beautiful and amazing Dido...
(In case you can't see the video just visit the blog and you'll get a chance to listen to it)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates