Thursday, November 29, 2012

Heart in a Foggy Bottle

So today I penned down a poem about what I have been feeling off late or what I have not been feeling off late. I say so because where I should be tasting sweet, to me it is tasting bitter. The hardest thing in life is trying to be in love where you feel you don't belong, and as much as you need to be in it and try to fit yourself in it, you still just don't feel it, you know. I met this amazing person and I really tried to work things out with her but it could not...not because of her but because of me. So leaving her meant breaking her heart. I guess the end sometimes justifies the means...she deserves better and so I had to leave my footsteps across her heart, I speak of it as if it is an easy move but it is not. So I penned this poem to dedicate it to her and to let my heart out to the rest of the seven billion people out there..cheers!!

This is my goodnight kiss and your goodbye lullaby
My hymn hoping to heal where I’m about to break
I so wish that these words taste better than I am sorry
For it’s unjust that my presence draws from you life

I really wish that this heart of me would be yours
That you’d be the splendor I awaken next to every dawn
To watch your eyes tango away step to step with shyness
As I whisper sweetness of romance novice to my imagination

But tell me how do I steer with my eyes stuck on rear view?
For my heart that you long for is enslaved in another’s arm
She who which from a distance is too blind to closely see me
Yet to you who is here next to me my heart shuts its eyes

The pain I put you through can’t allow me to stay to sober
I see your words and feel your actions of love that burns for me
Your hopes for us taste so sweet on my flavorless tongue
But I’m nothing but a dark ink writing your tale

I try with my all to feel the same way you feel for me
Instead of falling in love I’m drowning, suffocating in its pool
Dying from the fact that I can’t be the man I want for you
Love should burn in flames but in me it is just ashes

I wish it is you I can truly offer this fragile heart of mine
But you came a minute too late to bring it back from dead
For it hurts me that I meet the girl with all that I adore
But it is her that suffers from this bitter sweet of void in me

You say it is better to have anything than to be alone
But I am a lone wolf, a vessel, a human empty of emotions
And planting seeds on a rock won’t bring forth any fruit
No matter how you water it, the rock will only shatter

On my knees I beg for your mercies to charter me forgiveness
But if it’s beyond your means then do wish me well
For I was enthroned with a curse that every poet suffers
Poets do not fall in love; our hearts are in the pens we hold

I’m sorry that you aren’t the one amid my dreams and nightmares
For you are a beautiful human and I’m just a whisper of a song
©g!o.inked

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates