Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sail Away Ye Ol' Lover

Okay this my new poem inspired by the movie Pirates of Caribbean and an incidence in my life. It is a matter where i tell you picture Captain Jack Sparrow as the man writing and writing this to her run-a-way damsel. It is one of my best poems i have written this year and it was really fun writing it.I hope you'll enjoy it.



NAME: Sail Away Ye Ol' Lover

Hearken t' me plea me fair beauty
I 'ave given ye me heart each time th' yellow sun rises
I 'ave ignored me mateys advice t' keep away from ye
'cause ye wonder in me mind than a cap'n lost at sea
Now no rum can quench th' pain o' ye ignorin' me
No wenches or bootey can feel th' void ye create in me
Let me ask ye, do ye find pleasure in me torture?
So sail away ye ol lover lest I drown 'n die in these waters

I loved it when I watched ye from a distance
Fer me feelin's towards ye were safely concealed
But ye said ye 'ave had yer spyglass upon me too
That from a distance ye were afeared ye were fallin' fer me
I sailed t' yer shore scourin' fer ye t' stretch ye me hand
Canât ye see I care nah fer me treasures but fer yer heart?
'tis harsh upon me t' pretend everyday that donât care about ye
Afore ye sink this galleon o' mine, sail away ye ol lover o' mine

How can ye be so beautiful yet so blind me ole lover?
How can ye pay attention yet nah hear a single word I speak?
'tis yer beautiful pebble colored eyes that I wants t' look into
'tis yer fair silk skin that I wants t' feel against mine
But Iâm jus' a smelly pirate wit' his rotten heart in jar
Always scourin' th' faces o' th' sea lookin' fer pleasures
Instead o' skewerin' me wit' yer frosted love
Bid me good-morrow 'n sail away ye ol lover

2 comments:

Lipsy said...

Masterpiece! Yer have a way with words... What a loss t'that girl...:) I als like that Sparrow twist....

Giovanni Gemini said...

Thank you Lipsy...very soon i'll be updating more poems on this blog. Be sure to subscribe and keep track of updates.

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates