Saturday, April 20, 2013

Poem: Broken Twilight


So here is my new poem written from the perspective of someone who had died and is telling tales of his life from the world beyond

NAME: BROKEN TWILIGHT

I awake crawling out of this shell of nothing
Memories of my exit that still exist in me
Finally a flock of strangers farewell me off
Funny how none of them sung to my living
But now they make a carnival of sadness for me
Present to merry at a population less calculated
In their white silence exist nothing but gray secrets

From what lips came forth that dead don’t live?
In this world beyond in a city of Broken Twilight
We are humans of our own broken at twilight
Yes I may not taste the foods but I hunger
I hunger for memories to relive if chances arrive
I starve for risks that I was shy to take at living
But hunger is what keeps us envying the living

For I live in a world you see as a broken twilight
A world broken with no sun and no moon
I journey upon waters of shattered time
A world where we build skyscrapers from wishes

A world enslaved and ruled in the chains of regrets
It is a dark world where no sins dare live
In a world where your sun sets rise upon us

The living ask what we do in awaiting of judgment day
We play in the sand and swim in dehydrated waters
We fall in love with the mistakes we never took
I spend my immortality longing for the hymn of my heart
To risk every bit of it to every girl ready to break it
For it is in the pain the living dread that life lives
I long to carouse on the blood that flows on the wood

I miss the ones that my hands were weak to hold
And in this moment that my lips speak only silence
What’s the need of words if they aren’t to be heard?
I miss the breaths I was not courageous to take away
I miss the suns I was stubborn to shine into dark hearts
All I’m living now is a breath of a misty life
In a broken twilight haunted by the life I took for granted


©g!o.inked

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates