Monday, April 15, 2013

Poem: Evanescence

This is a poem I jotted down for the love of one of the bands that really influenced my writing style; Evanescence. It was a dare from a friend of mine to write about my love for music and for the artist/band that I love most. The writing is a mainstream goth and I picked a few lines from the band's songs to make the writing flow....Enjoy

Evanescence

I remember my origin meeting you at the open door
That moment when I was robbed all I was living for
And I was on blood hunt for all that I could perish for
It felt like my life was once again at its beginning
I stood there as you separated me from the living

It was in you I found words that made me feel better
I love you because you reflected the best of worst in me
Like you’re the one who’s been haunted in the same waters
Now let your lips move me to paradise of the thoughtless
As you numb my pains ‘til I’m made of stone

When to everybody I was the fallen going under
You saw into my eyes that I was slipping to somewhere cold
Friends and acquaintances abandoned me in the world behind
But it was your sweet voice that again made my blood alive
And in the arms of your tunes I was saved ‘fore I was undone


Now as I wake up this morning from a thousand years
To betray myself behind the mask and be everybody’s fool
I scream for you to wake me up ‘fore I reach the bottom
To defeat these confusing thoughts before I break again
I seek your voice to reach down the core where I lay cold

Many other guitar strings may shower down on this stage
And their screams may try to captivate the sanity left in me
But it is the scars of the first love that will never forever heal
It is you my immortal who swam me home aloft all of my fears
I hold my breath hoping this isn’t the last song you’ll waste on me


 ©g!o.inked

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates