Saturday, September 1, 2012

Four-to-Nine Steps

So today marks my dad's birthday and i wanted to take time and thank God and for the prize of dad He gave me and since today is my dad's birthday and i could not afford to buy him a plasma TV or a car i wrote him a poem to show my appreciation and love...not to brag but i think i have the best and i would not mind to brag about that neither, for he managed to play a role that most fathers have failed. It is because of him that i have become a man and a son i am today.





Four-to-Nine Steps
From the primary thought that you needed me
For nine months you ensured my safety in mom
Patiently waited to see your likeness in your arms
And you rejoiced when you heard my first cry at last

You watched me peel like a bud to a flower
Like a farmer you cultivated me with patience and hope
Though weak, you held me strong when drought threatened
Gave me all of the least that you called yours

Every weekend you’d always take me on long walks
Sometimes I wished I could tell you I was tired
But I was just a kid and never understood why
You knew I’d grow away and you wanted to be with your son

I still remember I used to weep while you went away
I was scared of who would protect me
And when you stayed I’d want to be next to you
For it is by you that I felt safe and loved

You taught me how to forge my strength in life
And not to forget my humanity lest I die alone
I never had a mom like all of my friends
But you played the role better than I could ask for

The world finally robbed me off your arms
But you did not fight nor fear of what I may come
You trusted me to handle whatever thrown at me
And for your faith in me I thank you dad

Now I have grown into a man you smile with
When I look in the mirror it is you I see
And in my heart’s place I can feel it’s yours beating
Wherever I end up dad I still treasure you the most

From a distance it may look like now it’s your sun set
But instead brace yourself to watch your son rise
As you turn forty-nine today HAPPY BIRTHDAY
For I smile ‘cause you’re my father, my dad and my home.

 © g!o.inked

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates